Integrating employment and learning and skills for people with mental health conditions - workshops to launch new publication
Information, advice and guidance publication Take Ten People - integrating employment and learning and skills for people with mental health conditions is due to be issued in May.
The Mental Health Regional Employment Team, in partnership with Job Centre Plus and NIACE are holding a series of dissemination workshops - please see details attached. The purpose of the workshop is to introduce you to the range of materials in the pack and how to use them:
- with clients
- to develop partnership working
- as an aid to support workforce development.
Take Ten People can be used to support work with individuals; develop local cross-sector joint working; and as a workforce development tool.
It is targeted at all organisations who deliver information, advice and guidance or who offer employability training.
- Ten people's stories - all are looking for help with employment and learning and skills.
- The toolbox - an up-to-date summary of opportunities people can access via employment, learning and skills, the Third Sector, Job Centre Plus and so on.
- The skills wheel - an approach to working with people which boosts self-esteem and explores how to develop employability skills.
- The local address book - action planning to support collaborative working.
- Training materials - ideas and resources to support workforce development.
- CD-ROM - references and further downloadable information.
Tuesday 18 May 2010
9.30am to 11.30am
Stockton Jobcentre Plus
Tuesday 25 May 2010
10am to 12 noon
Newcastle Jobcentre Plus
Thursday 27 May 2010
10am to 12 noon
Ashington Jobcentre Plus
If you, or a member of your organisation would like to attend, please complete the attached application form and return it to Ann Creed.
You might also be interested in two new documents from NIACE:
Thu, 27 May 2010 -> Thu, 27 May 2010
Tue, 25 May 2010 -> Tue, 25 May 2010
Tue, 18 May 2010 -> Tue, 18 May 2010