Technology for Learning: developing the teachers
Joint summer conference on Friday 9th July 2009 at the Teaching Development Centre, Newcastle College
This joint conference is the result of collaboration between ESCalate, JISC Northern and Success North Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training.
- 'Teaching and Teacher Education in a digital age'
Julie Hughes (University of Wolverhampton) will present the keynote at the event (as well as an additional workshop to give delegates the opportunity for hands on experience). Julie is currently seconded to the Higher Education Academy subject centre: ESCalate. She was awarded an HEA National Teaching Fellowship in 2005 to develop and expand her early work in building online collaborative communities, and her recent research has explored the role of technology in supporting the development of new teachers for the post-compulsory sector.
- What are our Aspirations? Innovating and managing change'
Bob Bell from JISC RSC (Northern) will look at the technology being used to assist learners, where it has been, where it is now and where it is going. The everyday technology context of learners in their social groups and in their families is adding a new dimension to institutionally-provided services. Is this new dimension to be seen as competition or complement?
- 'Technology and teacher educators: what do we know?'
Bryony Taylor from Lifelong Learning UK will present findings from a recent research project on the use of technology in initial teacher education and the needs of teacher educator teams
- Using e-portfolios in Teacher Education - a practitioner perspective, Julie Hughes, ESCalate
- Getting to grips with IfL and professional formation, Pauline Chisholm, Newcastle College
- Molenet: exploring the benefits of mobile learning for teachers in training, Christine Byrne and Diane Thurston, Teaching Development Centre
- How can e-portfolios support 21st Century Learning for Trainee Teachers? Julie-Ann Stobo, Gateshead College
- 'Vodcasting' - an opportunity for hands-on experience, Tim Fieldsend, e-learning unit, Newcastle College
Contact Lianne Abraham for further information or to book a place.
Fri, 09 Jul 2010 -> Fri, 09 Jul 2010